Culinary and Food Production
• The Culinary Arts Program and the student-run Culinary Arts Cafe is a comprehensive, hands-on approach for students interested in pursuing an education in the culinary arts or obtaining a job in the food service industry.
• Prerequisites to the program are as follows; completion of Food and Nutrition and Careers in Food and Nutrition; a strong desire and willingness to participate in a small group environment, working closely with classmates and on an individual basis to complete all aspects of a working, professional, kitchen.
• Students learn basic food preparation techniques, safety and sanitation procedures, food costing, ordering/purchasing and menu design. In addition dining room etiquette, different service techniques and customer service are covered.
• The school community can order meals to go and request catered events via the Culinary Café program.
• The Culinary Class Room is truly a hands-on learning environment. We welcome constructive feedback from our customers and respect special requests and criticism. Come down, relax and enjoy an affordable, delectable meal.