Registration Information

Is your child starting Kindergarten in August 2018?

Click here for more information! 

Haga clic aqui para inscripcion para Kindergarten.

Registration process for students new to the West Haven Public Schools. (Grades 1st – 12th)

1. If your child has NEVER been enrolled in any West Haven Public School or Readiness Program click here to fill out the online registration form. This form MUST be filled out before attending a registration session.  If your child has previously been enrolled in any West Haven Public School or readiness program at any time, proceed to number two. 

2. Attend a Central registration session. Session dates are:
Friday, August 17th
Monday, August 20th
Tuesday, August 21st
Wednesday, August 22nd

3. Bring copies of these required documents to the registration session you have chosen:

A copy of your child's most recent physical and immunization records.
A mortgage or lease agreement displaying your name and a utility bill displaying your name.
Your child's full size brith certificate (wallet size versions are not accepted).
Your child's last report card or transcript

Residency Policy


Residency policy requires that all students, without exception, produce bona fide proof that they live in West Haven.  As evidence of residency, the parent or legal guardian of each student must show the school building administrator a current mortgage statement or lease with the landlord's name and phone number, and utility bills or phone bills.  No one document will suffice.  All information will be treated confidentially. For those registering during the summer, simply bring the documents to your summer registration session.

Registration requirements for students new to the district:

  • Up-to-date health records (immunizations and last physical)

  • Two (2) proofs of residency in a parent's name. A current mortgage statement or lease showing names of lessee and tenants with landlord's name and phone number and a current utility bill are the only acceptable forms of residency. (Driver's license, tax bills, credit card bills or other are not acceptable.) 

  • Birth certificate (full size. Will not accept wallet-size version)

  • Last report card

  • Notarized affidavit if living with another party and bills are not in a parent's name

               Haga clic aquí para español.